Terry Bennett's Bio
For more than 30 years, Terry and his wife Donna have served in full-time ministry. They have pioneered and pastored a number of churches during this time, as well as participating in Shiloh, an international prophetic ministry based in Kansas City, MO. Terry has a B.A. in Biblical Studies from Central Bible College, Springfield, MO.
Terry has traveled extensively since the late 90’s both internationally and across the United States ministering in churches, conferences, and to individuals to encourage them in knowing the Lord and living in His love.
Today, he travels with his son Josiah as they minister to the body of Christ and challenge the church to come out to the Lord and prepare herself for her Bridegroom. When he is home, he gives oversight to The Gathering church in Dickson, TN, and soon hopes to establish the Shiloh Training Center in the region.
Terry and Donna and their children Nathaniel, Josiah, Cherith, Daniel, and Shiloh, daughter-in-law Naomi, and grandchildren reside in Dickson, Tennessee.
In Whom We Believe
A specific note:
We truly believe that God calls all to believe and put their trust and hope in the person of the Lord Jesus Christ, which entails an ongoing, ever-increasing relationship with the Lord Himself; however, our soul, flesh, and the enemy have used man’s doctrines to divide us. Thus this statement is not meant to be another source of division, but simply statements that curtail doubt, fears, and questions which might arise.
1. We believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, eternal God, uncreated, but the creator, the Alpha and Omega, the I Am, the way, the truth, and the life, the Savior, the King of kings, Lord of lords, and the eternal Lamb of God, the Life of the believer and His corporate people, the rightful heir of His Father, and the establisher of the eternal purpose of God.
2. We believe in the trinity as unveiled and revealed in the holy Scriptures and the person of the Lord Jesus Christ Himself; that the Godhead is one Spirit and yet three eternal specific persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit; that this has been and remains a true mystery, but that God has clearly revealed it.
3. We believe that the Godhead has established His church through the physical death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ, the eternal Son of God. We believe that Christ is the singular head of His body (the church) and that the church is His people gathered spiritually by the born-again reality into the life of Christ. Thus the church is not a single group, denomination, or tradition, but a spiritual people gathered in His life, name, and spirit.
4. We believe that hell is literal and eternal and that it is the place of separation and torment of the damned. We believe that all humans who refuse to put their faith in Jesus Christ choose instead the eternal place of separation from Him, which is hell. We also believe that hell is the eternal place of separation for spirits who chose to rebel, including Satan.
5. We believe that Heaven is literal, eternal, and spiritual, that it is the realm of God’s eternal throne from which he rules all His vast creation.
6. We believe that for the believer to be absent from the body means they are present with the Lord; that Jesus Christ is the resurrection of the believer in every sense; that physical death in not annihilation for the believer or the unbeliever, but an eternal step into the eternal realms which, for the true believer, is into God’s continuing eternal purpose and reality.
7. We believe that all mankind has fallen through the sin of the first man and woman, Adam and Eve, who are the beginning of the human creation, and that their sin allowed the sin nature to come into themselves and be passed on to and within their offspring, the human race. We also believe that Jesus Christ, the second man and the last Adam, has been sent forth from the Father to offer reconciliation and salvation to all who will put their faith in Him; that man must be born again or they cannot see the Kingdom of God and Heaven; and that Jesus Christ alone is the way, truth, and life, that no one can come to the Father except through Him.
8. We believe that Jesus Christ will return to this physical earth, though no one knows the exact hour, to establish the eternal throne and kingdom of the Lamb who He is; and that the Lamb’s Bride/wife as defined in the Holy Scriptures will eternally reign with Him from earth over all.
9. We believe that the 66 books of the Christian Bible are the inspired Holy Scriptures, the written word of God, which proclaims and testifies to the eternal Word of God, Jesus Christ Himself.